Do you often feel chronic pain in your shoulder? If such shoulder pain lasts longer than a few days, then it is advisable to see a doctor immediately. There can be several causes of such shoulder pain, one being the most popular one, frozen shoulder. Many people suffer from severe pain in their shoulder region and often get addicted to medications to curb down the pain. However, wellness products online can also be an alternative cure to deal with such pain and health disorder.
About Frozen Shoulder
Adhesive Capsulitis, also referred to as the frozen shoulder, is a typical health condition visible in many people around the globe. People suffering from frozen shoulder often complain of severe pain and stiffness in the shoulder joints. Although the symptoms do tend to begin quite early, yet they get worse with time. If not cured in the early stages, the condition can result in a stroke or a mastectomy.
There are diverse kinds of treatments available for frozen shoulder. But these treatments don’t guarantee to eradicate the condition form the body completely. In case a patient wants to cure this health condition without any side effects of counterfeit drugs and medication, one can resort to Ayurveda products online.
Our shoulder consists of three kinds of bones that form a ball-and-socket joint. The bones are:
- The upper arm which is also known as the humerus
- Shoulder blade which is also known as the scapula
- Collarbone which is also known as the clavicle
We have a sufficient amount of tissue surrounding each of these bones to hold them together firmly, along with providing them with protection from shock and injury. Such tissue is called the shoulder capsule. However, in case the person is suffering from a frozen shoulder, the capsule becomes thick as well as tight in nature.
With the advancement of time, the tissue gets so hardened that it becomes excruciating for the person to move the shoulder in any direction. As a result, a band of scar tissue forms around it, and there is a decrease in the synovial fluid in the joints. This fluid is critical for the lubrication of our shoulder joints. As a whole, all these lead to limit the overall movement of the shoulder. In such a situation, refer to expert advice about Ayurvedic products, which can help you to decrease the stiffness in the joints with time.
There aren’t any particular causes of frozen shoulder, but there are few risk factors that lead the people towards this condition. In many cases, people who have diabetes are more likely to develop a frozen shoulder than people who are not. On the other hand, sometimes surgery or a fracture can also lead to the development of a frozen shoulder. Some of such major risk factors are:
Age matters as the older adults tend to develop frozen shoulder much faster than the younger ones. People above the age group of 40 years are more susceptible to develop this condition over time.
Research on frozen shoulder cases shows that women are more likely to develop a frozen shoulder than men eventually.
People with reduced mobility for a long time are at higher risk of developing a frozen shoulder over the period. Immobility can develop due to several conditions like rotator cuff injury, stroke, broken arm, surgery, etc. To deal with such situations of reduced mobility, one can refer to the best ayurvedic products online for maximum benefits.
People suffering from systemic diseases like diabetes, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, tuberculosis, Parkinson’s diseases, cardiovascular diseases, etc. are more likely to develop a frozen shoulder with time.
Once you are aware of the risk factors for developing a frozen shoulder, it is time to look for healthy ways to control such risk factors. For such health advice and the best ayurvedic products online, you can refer to the products of SKAS Natural.
Symptoms of Frozen Shoulder
Frozen typically starts developing quite slowly in people and advances rapidly with time. However, the condition can last from a few months to 3 years. Over time, the symptoms worsen, making everyday life activities quite difficult for the patients. Generally, these symptoms develop through 3 stages which are:
The freezing stage is also the most painful stage of the condition as it gradually increases the pain and the stiffness in the shoulder muscle. The hardness of the tissue increases rapidly, and the pain tends to intensify during the night hours. However, this stage can last from 6 to 9 months.
During this stage, the pain doesn’t seem to increase much in the patients, but the stiffness hardens considerably. Even many patients have reported that the pain during this stage starts to fade away, but the stiffness in the shoulder region makes it difficult for movement and other activities. Generally, this stage lasts for a 4 to 6 months period.
With this stage, the patients eventually start the normal limb movement, and other activities as the pain begin to fade out. Movement gets more manageable, and even the person starts getting back to a healthy life. This stage lasts for 6 months to 2 years.
Around 90 percent of people suffering from frozen shoulder resort to pain control medications and simple exercises to deal with the excruciating pain of the body. However, these drugs and medicines have more side effects on other parts of the body rather than curing the condition. In such cases, experts often advise people to opt for the best ayurvedic products online to control as well as eradicate the causes of the frozen shoulder without any harmful side effects.
An Explanation of Frozen Shoulder in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Apabahuka is a health condition that usually affects the shoulder joints in the body. It is the resultant condition of Vata dosha. Although there isn’t any mention of such term in nanatmaja Vata vyadhi, yet, the experts like Acharya Sushruta have considered Apabahuka as a Vataja vikara. That means it lays the foundation of the disease in the people.
However, according to Ayurveda, the stiffness in the shoulder is caused due to Kapha dosha. Due to the involvement of Kapha dosha, many people suffer from chronic pain and stiffness during the night time.
Vata is one of the chief factors that control the physiological balance of the body. The risk factors that provoke Vata often result in the manifestation of such diseases in the human. Hence, the experts prefer different kinds of contradictory approaches to maintain this equilibrium in the body.
In terms of modern views, the neurological health conditions, along with the gastrointestinal system disorders, musculoskeletal, and other diseases, have a close association with Vata vyadhi. That means, according to Ayurveda, the dysfunction of this Vata can cause such diseases in the body. Hence, to cure such conditions in the body with Ayurvedic medicines and treatments, one needs to understand the causes as well as the treatments according to it.
According to Ayurveda, Apabahuka is caused due:
- Bahya hetu which means injury to the vital parts of the body
- Abhyantara hetu which refers to the etiological factors that escalate condition of Vata in the body
- Viharaja are exercises that can cause injury to the shoulder joint
- Bharavahana refers to the deformity in the joint capsule due to carrying heavy loads, etc.
How to Use Ayurveda For Frozen Shoulder?
Ayurveda is the oldest form of medicine that can help people to get rid of several kinds of health disorders without any harmful side effects. However, for such beneficial results, one needs to follow the rules of Ayurveda in their daily life religiously.
According to the ayurvedic doctors, there are several different kinds of approaches to cure the frozen shoulder successfully. Right from exercises and medicinal herbs to wellness products online, you can select the best possible Ayurvedic methods to heal the frozen shoulder according to your preferences. However, to determine the perfect type of treatment for the disease, it is essential to understand the exact cause of the disease in the body.
Therefore, the experts first assess the root cause of the disease in the body and hence formulate the appropriate Ayurvedic treatment for the same. The treatment can be a simple medicinal herb or a combination of herbal concoctions, Guggulu preparations churnas, and herbo-mineral rasa medicines, which can bring pacifying effects to control the aggravated Vata dosha in the body.
Panchakarma Therapy is one of the best Ayurvedic methods to treat frozen shoulder as it helps to unlock the constrained movement of the joint through medicated fomentation and lubrication. The experts use the herbal enemas here to restore back the Vata dosha to its balanced state.
Abhyanga refers to oil massage in the affected region, and regular usage of the Ayurvedic oils have benefited several patients to get relief from their painful shoulders. Heat a certain amount of the oil and massage it right before bath time.
One can also use steam therapy after the massage to get the maximum benefits of the Ayurvedic oils. Such massages can help the person to reduce the stiffness in the shoulder tissue, which enables smooth limb movements. Few popular Ayurvedic oils are Vishagarbha Taila, Mahanarayana Taila, Dhanwantara Taila, Bala Taila, Prasaranyadi Taila, etc. For buying such oils and other wellness products online, refer to the website of SKAS Natural.
It refers to the practice of usage of herbal medicinal powders in linen bags, dipped in Ayurvedic oils and applied gently over the pain area. Such uses can help to nourish the area along with relieving the stiffness in the tissues in the shoulder region. This joint pain treatment is useful in healing rheumatoid arthritis, spondylitis, neuromuscular conditions, etc.
Easy Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Apart from traditional Ayurvedic oils, one can also incorporate some useful home remedies using the Ayurvedic herbs to eliminate the pain due to frozen shoulder. Few such treatments are:
- Garlic is beneficial in diminishing such suffering to a great extent. Hence, one can add in 4 to 5 crushed cloves along with boiled milk and consume it every morning. Or, one can simply take the cloves along with sesame oil and warm water every morning.
- Sesame or warm coconut oil, along with camphor, can ease out the pain considerably. Massage it gently on the affected region along with warm compress for better results. The results might be slow but would provide you with effective results without any side effects.
- Use Epsom salt along with warm water to lower the shoulder pain.
- Alfalfa and turmeric are quite useful in relieving the inflammation of the collar tissues in the shoulder area. It also helps to repair the tissue, thereby lowering the pain in the shoulders. One can also get hold of ayurvedic medicine online like Simhanada Guggula or Varunadhi Kwatha for effective pain relief.
- People who are diabetic have a higher tendency to develop a frozen shoulder. Hence, they can consume herbs like Amalaki or Haridra to control sugar levels efficiently. That, in turn, can lower the risk factors for developing the same in the body.
Few Healthy Choices to Cure Frozen Shoulder
Other than these home remedies, one can also make some healthy choices with Ayurveda to lower down the occurrence of frozen shoulder.
- Try to avoid the lifestyle choices and diets which can worsen the Vata dosha in the body.
- Avoid the excess consumption of alcohol, coffee, or tea, which acts as the stimulant in the body.
- Excess consumption of fast foods, frozen foods, carbonated drinks, packaged foods, etc. can aggravate Vata dosha. Avoid these kinds of foods to control the inflammation of the tissue around the shoulder region.
- Try to avoid heavy lifting exercises and overexposure to cold temperatures as these can increase the chances of developing a frozen shoulder with time. Instead, opt for shoulder-strengthening exercises to maintain the flexibility of the shoulder muscles.
- Never skip a meal and consume fresh lukewarm food items to keep the disease at bay.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day and provide your body adequate rest.
- In case of severe pain, switch to ice packs and use them for 15 minutes for multiple times in a day. It effectively decreases the pain without any drugs or medications.
- Consume Ashwagandha, an ayurvedic herb as a supplement, every day. It provides effective relief to the pain in the shoulder area.
- Consume a powdered blend of fenugreek, dried ginger along with carom seeds regularly with lukewarm water after every meal. Regular consumption of this Ayurvedic preparation can help you to lower down the pain due to the frozen shoulder.
Apart from these remedies, one can also practice yoga regularly to cure the frozen shoulders without any side effects. Physiotherapy is also beneficial for curing a frozen shoulder. However, Ayurvedic medicinal plants and other such wellness products have proven to be helpful in healing the frozen shoulder across the globe. So, if you are in search of such useful Ayurvedic products, then refer to the company named SKAS Natural. SKAS Natural is a reputed and trustworthy ayurvedic medicine company in Delhi that manufactures excellent wellness products within an affordable price range. They not only provide you with the finest quality products, but they also offer expert advice for several kinds of health disorders. They have all their products enlisted on their website. In case you are in search of pure Ayurvedic products, refer to the website of the company.