The long awaited monsoon season is here relieving us from the scorching heat of summer. But monsoon also comes bearing a lot of skin problems, the humidity, dirty water and the weather all makes our skin prone to various problems like acne, oily skin and other conditions. It is necessary to change your skincare regime with the changing season and remember to always follow the three main steps ‘cleanse, tone and moisturize’.
Exfoliation helps in removing dead skin and also unclogs the pores. It enables the growth of new skin cells and results in a healthy glowing skin. Some of the best natural exfoliators can be easily found at home, all you have to go is enter your kitchen. Natural exfoliators like coffee, tea bag, sugar, baking soda, papaya, oatmeal and yogurt are mildly abrasive ingredients and works best for the skin without damaging it.
After exfoliating always cleanse your skin, so that excess oil and dirt gets removed from the open pores while allowing your skin to breathe. You can use coconut oil, tea-tree oil, apple-cider vinegar, aloe-vera, honey, lemon or rose water for cleansing your skin. Use ayurvedic face wash and natural face wash as will have no side effects on skin and will also help your skin retain the natural oil.
Toning is important as it helps to remove leftover dirt and makeup from the skin. You can use store bought toners but can also use natural ingredients like lemon juice, rose water, green tea, cucumber water and chamomile tea as toners.
The last and final step is the most important step, as moisturising helps to keep you skin hydrated and soft. You can use natural moisturisers such as cucumber, organic coconut oil and olive oil as these moisturisers don’t make your skin oily.
Here are some tips for a perfect skin during rainy season: –
- You must cleanse your skin at least thrice a day to remove the excess dirt and oil which can clog the skin pores.
- Use a non-alcoholic toner as it will help maintain the pH balance of your skin and also make your skin glow.
- The humidity caused due to rain can harm the skin, to avoid that use a nice nourishing moisturizer which will make your skin moist, supple and healthy.
- Even if it is cloudy, do not forget to use sunscreen with a good SPF.
- If you have an oily skin, then use water based moisturizer as it will help to keep the oil in check.
- Exfoliate your skin to get rid of the dirt and dead skin but do so gently.
- Keep on hydrating yourself. Drink at least eight glasses of water in a day as humidity can make you sweat a lot. Making your skin look pale and dull without enough moisture.
- Shampoo and condition your hair more frequently during monsoon, maybe twice or thrice a week depending on the hair volume. The humidity makes your hair sweat and smell leading to hair problems.
- Avoid wearing artificial jewelleries as the humidity can make it react and can cause skin breakouts.
- Use natural ingredients for face masks and make your own homemade face packs and peels. Natural ingredients will not harm your skin and benefits it.
Home remedies works best when it comes to skin care as with chemical products you never know whether it will harm or suit your skin. But natural ingredients never harm your skin. Here are some home remedies for your skin during this monsoon season: –
- Fuller’s earth: – Mix some fuller’s earth (multani mitti) with rose water and make a smooth paste. You can also add some sandalwood powder to it. You can store this paste in a tight container inside the fridge and use a small portion and apply it on your skin as a face pack every day or every alternate date.
You can also make a smooth paste of fuller’s earth, clove oil, sandalwood powder and ground neem pate and apply it on the pimple. Use this daily for best results.
- Aloe Vera: – Apply the store bought aloe-vera get of the get directly from the plant to your skin and hair twice a week. Aloe Vera helps to cool your scalp and skin and also fights the germs.
- Besan and Turmeric: – Mix besan, turmeric powder, lemon juice and rose water to make a paste. Apply it on your face and wash it off with warm water after 15-20 minutes. This will help your skin glow.
- Curd: – Make a paste of curd, besan, turmeric and honey and apply it on the skin every alternate day. This pack will cool your skin and also help remove tan.
Follow the basic steps of Exfoliating- Cleansing- Toning- Moisturising along with the mentioned tips and home remedies and WALLAH! Your skin looks and feels perfect and you are good to go.
For more information about skin care routine and products you can always contact Natural by Skas. We offer all natural and ayurvedic products online. You can also read our blogs for more skin care, health and wellness tips. Contact now.